- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Melvin Kirn Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Melvin L. Kirn Sr., 73, of Perryville died Monday, Aug. 25, 2003, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born July 19, 1930, in Perry County, son of George S. and Josephine Gebhardt Kirn.
Kirn was a farmer, and member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and American Legion Boosters.
Survivors include three sons, Melvin Kirn Jr. of Perryville, Daniel Kirn of Oklahoma City, Okla., Richard Kirn of Mesa, Ariz.; two daughters, Joyce Jones of Flint, Mich., Brenda Barnett of Perryville; three sisters, Virginia Lappe of St. Louis, Alice Boxdorfer and Viola Gibbar of Perryville; two brothers, Sylvester and Joseph Kirn of Perryville; 13 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sons.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. William Thess officiating. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery.