- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Boat passenger gets good help during illness
To the editor:
I was on the paddle wheeler American Queen when I became very ill. I had boarded with 11 friends from the Widowed Persons Association of California in St. Louis on Aug. 9. When I became ill the next day, I didn't know what to do, but personnel from the boat took me to Southeast Missouri Hospital. What a fortunate choice. Everyone there from emergency room doctors to nurses were so professional and caring.
It was frightening being so far from home alone. My family was frantic. My granddaughter flew to St. Louis and rented a car for the trip to Cape Girardeau. We drove back to St. Louis, spent the night and flew home.
I am almost 80 years old. I am so glad to be home. I am under the care of my doctor and getting stronger every day. Everyone there is lucky to live in Cape Girardeau. I thank each kind person I met.