- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Christmas tourney seeds selected
Charleston, which won the SEMO Conference Tournament earlier in the weekend, was awarded the top seed Sunday in the 62nd annual Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament that begins on Dec. 26.
The Bluejays, who ran their record to 6-0 with a victory over Sikeston in the conference final, have won the Christmas Tournament 14 times.
Defending champion Notre Dame is the second seed, followed by last year's runner-up Jackson.
The rest of the field by seed: Scott County Central, Bell City, Advance, Scott City, Cape Girardeau Central, Oran, Kelly, Leopold, Meadow Heights, Chaffee, Wooodland, Delta and Oak Ridge.
The championship game of the tournament will be played Dec. 30.
-- Southeast Missourian