- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GIDEON, Mo. -- Melba Lee Hillis, 79, of Gideon died Friday, Dec. 8, 2006, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
She was born on Dec. 19, 1926, at Clarkton, Mo., daughter of A.D. and Nettie Langston House. She and Clarence Hillis were married May 28, 1943, at Campbell, Mo.
Hillis was a member of New Life Fellowship Church in Campbell.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Danny Hillis of O'Fallon, Mo., James Hillis of Jackson; five daughters, Brenda Riddle and Carol Gray, both of Malden, Mo., Sandra Holt of Clarkton, and Diane Ray and Jan Ray, both of Gideon; a sister, Pauline Payne of Qulin, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; and 36 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at Bradshaw Chapel in Malden.
The funeral will be at 4 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond Ledbetter officiating. Burial will be in Mount Gilead Cemetery at Clarkton.