- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Virgie Barlow Jackson, 88, of Anna died Saturday, Dec. 9, 2006, at her home.
She was born May 12, 1918, at Cypress, Ill., daughter of George and Lula Gore Mangrum. She and Loren S. Barlow were married Dec. 30, 1933, in Cobden, Ill. He died Aug. 5, 1982. She and Jewell Jackson were married March 15, 1983, in Anna. He died Aug. 8, 2001.
Jackson was a member of Apostolic Faith Tabernacle in Jonesboro, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Charles "Corky" Barlow of Anna; a daughter, Beverly Barlow of Anna; 21 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, a daughter, a grandson, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Danny Jones officiating. Interment will be in Cobden Cemetery.