- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Carrie L. Phillips, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Dec. 8, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born July 14, 1919, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Hosea and Anna Bell Self O'Daniell. She and Otis Phillips were married on April 1, 1944, in Piggott, Ark. He died Aug. 30, 2001.
Phillips was a member of Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church and a 40-year member of the Spring Valley Extension Club. She worked for International Shoe Co.
Survivors include two daughters, Rebecca S. Smith of Cape Girardeau, Connie L. Louden of Austin, Texas; a stepdaughter, Shirley J. Blythe of Denver; a son, David L. Phillips of Texarkana, Ark.; a stepson, Larry G. Phillips of Maryville, Ill.; 20 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a daughter, a brother, a sister and two grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery near Advance, Mo.