- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Julius Landrith "Lanny" Allen, 65, of Sikeston died Friday, Dec. 8, 2006, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
He was born Nov. 6, 1941, in Cape Girardeau, son of Ernest Clifford and Geneva Kluesner Allen.
Allen was employed for 38 years at AT&T and Southwestern Bell Telephone. He served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War and was a member of the Eagles Aerie 3319 and the American Legion.
Survivors include a friend, Joan K. Moore of Sikeston; a stepdaughter, Jennifer Moore of Sikeston; three sisters, Aleda Allen of St. Louis, Veronica Louise Kirk of Jackson and Lenore Allen of Denver; and a brother, Gene Allen of Highlandville, Mo.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, with the Rev. Scott Sunnenberg officiating.