- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Crash kills two
BERNIE, Mo. -- Two Bernie teenagers were killed over the weekend after the vehicle they were traveling in struck a tree.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, at 9:40 p.m. Saturday, an accident occurred on Bowman Street in Bernie as motorist Darius C. Wooldridge, 16, lost control of his 2001 Jeep and ran off the roadway, striking a tree.
Wooldridge and his passengers, Colton Z. Dill, 16, of Bernie and Shannon D. Tarkington, 17, of Bernie were ejected from the vehicle.
Wooldridge was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later by coroner Rick Cook. Tarkington was air evacuated to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where he died Sunday.
The other three victims suffered serious injuries.