- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Alex Matthew Johnson, 20, of Sikeston died Thursday, Dec. 7, 2006, in an automobile accident on County Road 333, three miles east of Benton, Mo.
He was born Jan. 1, 1986, in Cape Girardeau, son of Michael Deverist and Angelia Kay Grimes Johnson.
Johnson was a cook at Huddle House. He moved to Sikeston two years ago from Scott City.
Survivors include his father of Rutledge, Tenn.; his mother and stepfather, Angelia and James Walker of Sikeston; two brothers, Allen Johnson of Benton, Andrew Johnson of Sikeston; a sister, Amanda Johnson of Benton; a stepbrother, James Walker II of Scott City; and maternal grandparents, Mamie Grimes of Benton and Larry Grimes of East Prairie, Mo.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Mark McSwain officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.