- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary Margaret Prost, 79, of Perryville died Thursday, Dec. 7, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 30, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Frank and Alice Simpson Schafer. She and Merlin "Bob" Prost were married Feb. 16, 1952, in Cape Girardeau.
Prost was a bookkeeper 31 years at Prost Implement. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Larry Prost of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Francis "Bill" Schafer of Phoenix; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and infant twin brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday and 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. Sunday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery.