- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. -- Bernard W. Recker, 89, of Portageville died Thursday, Dec. 7, 2006, at his home.
He was born Feb. 5, 1917, in Portageville, son of August and Francis Warneke Recker. He and Dolores Gill were married Nov. 28, 1936, in Portageville.
Recker farmed and was named Farmer of the Year in 1980. He was a member of St. Eustachius Catholic Church, Holy Name Men's Club, grand knight with Knights of Columbus, served as chairman of both the FHA Committee and ASCS Committee.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Ronald Recker of Portageville; a daughter, Rita Dressler of Springfield, Mo.; three sisters, Jo Ann Eggiman, Rosemary Dacus and Tillie Boswell, all of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and five sisters.
Visitation will be after 6 p.m. Sunday at DeLisle Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Eustachius Church, with the Rev. Allen Saunders officiating. Burial will be in Portageville Cemetery.