- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Fire destroys Benton family's mobile home
BENTON, Mo. -- A fire that destroyed a mobile home early Thursday morning is still under investigation. A Scott County Sheriff's Department representative said that at 6:15 a.m. emergency officials responded to a fire in a mobile home unit located at 339 Shady Branch in Benton. Residing in the home were Larry, Delmar and Kathy Pluhar. No one was injured. NBC Fire Protection District was the primary fire agency at the scene. Blodgett, Scott County Rural and Oran fire departments assisted.
Furnishings stolen from model homes
Cape Girardeau police are investigating a theft at Monty's Manufactured Homes at 602 S. Kingshighway. More than $4,500 in appliances and furniture was reported stolen Wednesday from two model home units. Sgt. Barry Hovis said the thefts occurred sometime between 10:30 p.m. Nov. 28 and 3 p.m. Dec. 6. Taken from the locked models were refrigerators, a dishwasher and stove, couches, end tables, kitchen tables and other furnishings, he said.
-- From staff reports