- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau County Commission action
* Received and filed correspondence from AmerenUE regarding natural gas safety.
* Approved lease extension with Lorberg Funeral Chapel on space for coroner.
* Received and filed erroneous assessments.
* Recieved and filed Cape Girardeau ordinances Nos. 3755 and 3756 regarding a land swap with Jackson and the annexation of Whispering Oaks subdivision.
* Received and filed Jackson ordinance No. 06-155 regarding a land swap with Cape Girardeau.
* Received and filed balance sheets for August, September and October.
* Received and filed solid waste district assessment inventory.
* None at this time.
Discussion items and appointments
* Met with Stan Murray and Jay Stencel regarding allowing Cape Girardeau to use a Missouri Department of Natural Resources storm water grant.
* Met with Morley Swingle, prosecuting attorney, regarding personnel.
* Held budget discussions.
Items not on agenda
* Approved sale of dump truck for $4,200.
* Approved request to seek bids for new dump truck beds.
* Approved request to lease imaging software.
* Approved purchase of four new cars for the sheriff's department.
* Received and filed notice of Procter & Gamble payment in lieu of taxes.