- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)8
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Garry Schearf, 56, of Delta departed this world Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2006, for an extended stay in paradise.
He was born May 2, 1950, in Cape Girardeau, to Phillip "Gene" Schearf and Enid Alice Campbell Schearf of Delta. He married Belinda Bentley July 10, 1970.
He will always be loved and missed by his wife of 36 years, Belinda Bentley Schearf, and their sons, Christopher (Tress) Schearf and Kaci (Yukondra) Schearf. Garry has five wonderful grandchildren, Xaundria, Tarrin, Rachele, Selenia and Cashae, who will miss their grandpa terribly.
He is survived by his parents; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Susie and John Criddle of Delta, Cindy and Mitch Jackson of Sikeston, Mo.; his mother and father-in-law, Audrey and J.T. Ing of Blomeyer, Mo.; two sisters-in-law and husbands, Cindy and Gary Heuer of Cape Girardeau, Gleni and Joe Waddle of Whitewater; a half brother-in-law, Randon Grissom of Cape Girardeau; and nine nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents; two cousins, Robert Schearf and Theresa Cooper; a half brother-in-law, Landon Grissom; and his favorite gal, Kenya, his dog.
Garry graduated from Delta High School. He went on to pursue a lifelong career in the construction industry, starting out as a member of Laborers Local 282. He has worked the last 22 years for Fru-Con Construction as an ironworker and civil-mechanical foreman.
He enjoyed writing stories, painting, photography, and listened to anything by John Mellencamp. He loved spending time with his family and friends and thought his grandkids could do no wrong. Oh! He will be missed. He was a member of First Baptist Church of Delta.
His family invites you to join them in celebrating his life at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Hodge of Delta First Baptist Church and Garry's son, Kaci Schearf, officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery near Delta.
Pallbearers will be Jason Criddle, Luke Jackson, Josh Jackson, C.W. Stacy, Cody Heuer and Chris Moore.