- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Candice Paige Hayward, 40, of Anna, Ill., died Saturday, Dec. 2, 2006, at Union County Hospital.
She was born Feb. 15, 1966, at Carbondale, Ill., daughter of Marvin E. and Mary Sue Moreland Caraker. She and Douglas Hayward were married Aug. 3, 1991, at Cobden, Ill.
Hayward was a school psychologist with the JAMP Educational District. She received a bachelor's degree from Southern Illinois University and a master's degree from Eastern Illinois University. She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Cobden, a member of the board of Sunrise Daycare Center in Anna and the leader of her daughter's Girl Scout group.
Survivors include her husband, three children, Julia Marie Hayward, Mason Douglas Hayward and Susannah Paige Hayward; a brother, Jason Caraker of Cobden; and her parents of Cobden.
She was preceded in death by her maternal grandparents and her paternal grandparents.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The Rev. Anette Westermark will officiate, with burial in Cobden Cemetery.