- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Stroke has left area resident unable to care for himself
Mr. D., 66, rarely leaves his home since his recent stroke that has left him unable to care for himself and get around anywhere besides within the house. The stroke has left him vulnerable to choking so he cannot be left unsupervised either.
His wife has problems caring for herself and doesn't qualify for home care but their limited income helps them to have a homemaker who can pick up items for them and assist with tasks Mr. D's wife cannot help him with.
A Wal-Mart or Aldi's gift card would be a great gift for them.
The couple's limited income makes new clothing a luxury they do without. Food, shelter and medicine come first.
If you'd like to purchase any brand or color jeans, shirts, pajamas, briefs or T-shirts for Mr. D, his size is 40-30 in jeans and an extra large in everything else. A pair of size 8 shoes or slippers would be appreciated as well.
For those interested in contributing to the Toybox and Christmas for the Elderly campaigns, new toys and gifts may be delivered to the Southeast Missourian office or area locations.
Cash contributions are also welcome. All contributions are tax-deductible and may be mailed separately to Toybox Trust, P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0004, or Christmas for the Elderly, P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0004.