- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Scheeters married 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Scheeter of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Oct. 21, 2006, with a reception hosted by their children.
Scheeter and Edna Schwepker were married Oct. 20, 1956, at St. Edwards Church in Dutchtown, by the Rev. L.F. Schmelzle.
Their attendants were Hubert and Agnes Scheeter, Orville and Henrietta Medlin, Adalee Scheeter and Alvin Scheeter.
Their children and spouses are Iris and Tony Preusser of Friedheim, Mo., Vaughn and Toni Scheeter, Denise Meystedt, and Bruce and Sherri Scheeter, all of Cape Girardeau. They have seven grandchildren, Matthew Preusser; Pfc. Luke, Aaron and Jeremy Meystedt; Kelsey, Kaitlyn and Brennan Scheeter; and two great-granddaughters, Mallory Meystedt and Maddie Preusser.