- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lappes are married 60 years
Mr. and Mrs. Flavian A. Lappe of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary Oct. 14, 2006, with Mass at St. Mary's Cathedral celebrated by the Rev. Tom Kiefer. A dinner hosted by their children and spouses was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
Lappe and Petronella A. Halter were married Oct. 14, 1946, at St. Joseph Church at Apple Creek, Mo., by the Rev. Kinecht. Their attendants were Edwin and Marcella Kirn, Florence Lappe Welker and Bernard Halter.
Lappe served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Their children and spouses are: Robert (Maryln) Lappe, Paul (Debbie) Lappe, and Patricia (Tom) Blattel. They have seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren, Amy (Shawn) Seabaugh and Addison; Michael (Jamie) Lappe and Andrew; Bradley (Leah) Lappe and Trustin; Jeffrey (Sarah) Lappe; Kevin (Karisa) Lappe and Eden; Alan (Jessica) Blattel; and Jonathan Blattel.