- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
TAMMS, Ill. -- Thelma Hargis, 98, of West Paducah, Ky., formerly of Tamms, died Thursday, Nov. 30, 2006, at Parkview Nursing Home in Paducah.
She was born Aug. 17, 1908, in Boaz, Ill., daughter of Ollie and Maggie Stevenson Brooks. She married Albert Dennis Hargis, who died Feb. 9, 1989.
Hargis attended Heartland Worship Center in Paducah, Ky.
Survivors include a son, Albert Hargis of West Paducah; five grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a grandchild, three sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms from 10 a.m. until time of service Saturday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Jim Boyd officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery near Dongola, Ill.