- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MCCLURE, Ill. -- Calvin M. Edwards, 62, of McClure died Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2006, at his home.
He was born Feb. 12, 1944, in Centre, Ala., son of Marvin and Nora Jane Decker Edwards. He and Wanda Martin were married May 4, 1972, in Portland, Ore.
Mr. Edwards was of the Baptist belief, enjoyed fishing and spending time with his family.
He worked at LeeRowan a number of years.
He is survived by his wife, Wanda Edwards of McClure; two sons, Calvin Edwards and wife Melissa, and Kevin Edwards of McClure; two daughters, Lillian Dillow and husband Otis of McClure, Leeanna Ramsey and husband Michael of Millersville; two brothers, Tommy Edwards of Alabama, Melvin Hinkle of McClure; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home today from 4 to 8 p.m.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Kelley and William Martin officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure.