- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Doug Wallace, 74, of Jonesboro died Sunday, Nov. 26, 2006, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Feb. 17, 1932, in New York, N.Y., son of Douglas Ormond and Christina Helen Cordes Wallace.
Wallace had been an engineer on a towboat, and an electrician at Scott Air Force Base. He was a member of McClure American Legion.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include four sons, Douglas Wallace of Roberts, Ill., Larry and Tracy Wallace of Jerseyville, Ill., Roger Wallace or Paxton, Ill.; three daughters, Laura Kadell and Toni Woolsey of Jerseyville, Sherri Finney of Patoka, Ill.; numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son and a daughter.
A service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Crain Pleasant Grove Mausoleum Chapel between Carbondale and Murphysboro, Ill., with Joe Aldridge officiating. Military rites will be conducted by VFW Posts 7190 and 2605, American Legion Post 127, and DAV Chapter 69.
Crain Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.