- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Area digest 11/30/06
Fowler records aceat Kimbeland
Dan Fowler needed just one shot to finish off the sixth hole at Kimbeland Country Club on Wednesday.
Fowler, a Cape Girardeau resident, used a 7-iron on the 150-yard hole for his third career hole in one.
Witnesses were David Little and Bill Beard.
Friedheim sweeps match, alone in first
Friedheim took over sole possession of first place in the Cape-Perry LLL Dartball after the fifth week of competition.
Freidheim, last year's regular-season champion, moved into first by sweeping Shawneetown, improving its record to 12-3.
Crosstown fell into second place with two wins, bringing their record to 11-4, while Altenburg Trinity dropped back to 10-5 and into third place after two loses.
Those three teams are at least two games clear of the pack, led by Uniontown at 8-4.
|Altenburg Imm. (2-1)||10||4||3|
-- From staff reports