- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area digest 11/30/06
Fowler records aceat Kimbeland
Dan Fowler needed just one shot to finish off the sixth hole at Kimbeland Country Club on Wednesday.
Fowler, a Cape Girardeau resident, used a 7-iron on the 150-yard hole for his third career hole in one.
Witnesses were David Little and Bill Beard.
Friedheim sweeps match, alone in first
Friedheim took over sole possession of first place in the Cape-Perry LLL Dartball after the fifth week of competition.
Freidheim, last year's regular-season champion, moved into first by sweeping Shawneetown, improving its record to 12-3.
Crosstown fell into second place with two wins, bringing their record to 11-4, while Altenburg Trinity dropped back to 10-5 and into third place after two loses.
Those three teams are at least two games clear of the pack, led by Uniontown at 8-4.
|Altenburg Imm. (2-1)||10||4||3|
-- From staff reports