- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ZALMA, Mo. -- Norman Newell, 60, of Zalma was born May 5, 1943, at Morley, the son of Lottie Gibbs Newell and the late Earl Newell, and passed away Aug. 22, 2003, near Zalma.
Norman worked for Arab Stone Co. in Arab, Mo. He was a Vietnam veteran, serving in the U.S. Army. He attended Zalma General Baptist Church.
Norman and Saundra Griffin were united in marriage on Nov. 22, 1973, at Bell City. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include his mother, Lottie Newell of Grassy, Mo.; two sons, Ronnie Newell and Joe Newell, both of Zalma; a brother, Jack Newell of Marble Hill, Mo.; a sister, Ruby Swartz of Grassy; and three grandchildren.
A brother preceded him in death.
Visitation will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Keith Price officiating.
Burial will be in Berrong Cemetery near Gipsy, Mo.