- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Louise Ulen "Easy" Elrod, 98, died Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, in Seattle, Wash.
She was the daughter of Samuel and Dora Miller Ulen and was raised in Dexter, Mo. She was married to Dr. Dennis Burkley Elrod Sr.
She lived most of her life in Cape Girardeau, arriving in 1935 when her husband began his medical practice. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She is survived by a son, Dr. Dennis "Burk" Elrod Jr. of Anchorage, Alaska, and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Centenary United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Jim Sanderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.