- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Louise Ulen "Easy" Elrod, 98, died Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, in Seattle, Wash.
She was the daughter of Samuel and Dora Miller Ulen and was raised in Dexter, Mo. She was married to Dr. Dennis Burkley Elrod Sr.
She lived most of her life in Cape Girardeau, arriving in 1935 when her husband began his medical practice. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She is survived by a son, Dr. Dennis "Burk" Elrod Jr. of Anchorage, Alaska, and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Centenary United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Jim Sanderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.