- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Louise Ulen "Easy" Elrod, 98, died Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, in Seattle, Wash.
She was the daughter of Samuel and Dora Miller Ulen and was raised in Dexter, Mo. She was married to Dr. Dennis Burkley Elrod Sr.
She lived most of her life in Cape Girardeau, arriving in 1935 when her husband began his medical practice. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She is survived by a son, Dr. Dennis "Burk" Elrod Jr. of Anchorage, Alaska, and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Centenary United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Jim Sanderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.