- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Louise Ulen "Easy" Elrod, 98, died Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, in Seattle, Wash.
She was the daughter of Samuel and Dora Miller Ulen and was raised in Dexter, Mo. She was married to Dr. Dennis Burkley Elrod Sr.
She lived most of her life in Cape Girardeau, arriving in 1935 when her husband began his medical practice. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She is survived by a son, Dr. Dennis "Burk" Elrod Jr. of Anchorage, Alaska, and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Centenary United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Jim Sanderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.