- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Louise Ulen "Easy" Elrod, 98, died Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, in Seattle, Wash.
She was the daughter of Samuel and Dora Miller Ulen and was raised in Dexter, Mo. She was married to Dr. Dennis Burkley Elrod Sr.
She lived most of her life in Cape Girardeau, arriving in 1935 when her husband began his medical practice. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She is survived by a son, Dr. Dennis "Burk" Elrod Jr. of Anchorage, Alaska, and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Centenary United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Jim Sanderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.