- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Scholarships of the week
Editor's note: In an effort to provide high school students with helpful college information, the Southeast Missourian will begin publishing different scholarships each week.
Missouri Teacher Education Scholarship
* Who it's for: Students planning on majoring in education.
* Value: A one-time $2,000 award for colleges in Missouri.
* Qualifications: Students must be in the top 15 percent of class and be enrolled in a four-year institution.
* Deadline: Feb. 7
* Info: dese.mo.gov/divteachqual/scholarships/
Duck Brand Duct Tape Stuck at Prom Scholarship
* Who it's for: Students who are attending a high school prom in the spring.
* Value: First prize is a $3,000 scholarship to each member of the winning couple and a $3,000 cash prize to the school that hosted the prom.
* Qualifications: Entrants must enter as a couple and attend a high school prom wearing complete attire or accessories made from duct tape.
* Deadline: June 8
* Info: www.stuckatprom.com/contests/