- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Learning briefs 11/28/06
Neal named finalist in Pre-Teen program
Lindsay Neal, a seventh grader at Nell Holcomb School, was a state finalist in the Pre-Teen Missouri Scholarship and Recognition Program in Jefferson City, Mo. She was selected as the recipient of the Outstanding 12-Year-Old Award for her academic and community achievements.
Students participate in all-district concert
Cape Girardeau Central junior and senior high school students participated in the Southeast Missouri All-District Band concert in Sikeston, Mo., on Nov. 18. Central Junior High School band members: Casey Irvine, Roy Leighton, Evan Renaud, Harley Hamlett, Laura Huggins, Bethany Statler, Allie Caldwell; and alternates Brittany Summers, Emma Segar, Thomas McElmurray, Collin Summers. Central High School band members: Billie Rinehart, Tyler Simmons, Nathan Nall, Drew Wibbenmeyer, Julie Langenfeld, Jacob Bagot, Jennifer Willis, Laura Lusk, Melody Stone, Nikki Cochran, Renee Moreland, Veda Riley, Lyndsey Keener, Brittany Burnett, Megan Wright, Brandon Gonzales, Austin Mehner; and honorable mention members Betty Buhs, Justin Simmons, Nina Scheibe, Beth Caldwell, Rachel Berry, Brittany Moreland and Josh Wen.
-- From staff reports