- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau County Commission action 11/28/06
* Received Senior Tax Board 2007 funding recommendations.
* Received and filed Guardian Insurance Co. Jan. 1, 2007, to Dec. 31, 2007, rates.
* Received and approved payroll change form.
* Received and filed assessor's erroneous assessments.
* Received and filed Division of Employment Security rating statement.
* Received and filed City of Cape Girardeau Ordinances 3730 and 3736 regarding annexation.
* Received and filed deputy coroner resignation.
* Approved payment to Drury Development regarding Kohl's second quarter payment.
* Approved letter of understanding regarding the 911 audit.
Discussion items and appointments
* Rodney Miller discussed changes in payroll payment day due to new payroll software.
* Judy Beussink discussed sick leave provisions for a prosecuting attorney's employee.
* Approved old truss bridge agreement.
Actions not on agenda
* Approved change order for Horrell Creek Bridge.
* Approved Internet crime grant application.
* Received and filed minutes of the Road and Bridge Advisory Board.
* Received and filed sales tax revocation from the Missouri Department of Revenue.
* Approved placement of a city limits sign near Millersville.
* Approved notice of meetings for county employee flexible spending accounts.
* Received notice of Emergency Operations Center test on Dec. 6.
* Appointed Roger Hudson, county treasurer, Rodney Miller, county clerk, and Scott Bechtold, county highway administrator, to examine and propose amendments to intergovernmental agreement with Cape Special Road District.
* Set Dec. 21 public hearing on county budget for 2007 and set dates and times for budget discussions with department heads and County Auditor David Ludwig.