- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bond to visit area
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- U.S. Sen. Kit Bond will meet with patrons and officials of the Southeast Missouri Transportation Service at 2 p.m. today at the Senior Nutrition Center in Marble Hill.
"For many in rural America, public transportation is the only way to get to the doctor or grocery store," Bond said.
"For the elderly, handicapped and low-income residents in Southeast Missouri, SMTS means access to safe and dependable transportation."