- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
THEBES, Ill. -- Bobbie B. Simpson Shafer, 69, of Thebes died Friday, Nov. 24, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
Shafer was born Sept. 24, 1937, at the Diswood community in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of the late Walter Thomas and Lena Hewitt Simpson.
Shafer ran Shafer General Store in Thebes for 23 years and served as mayor of Thebes for six years. She was employed by H&R Block Tax Services in Cape Girardeau for the last eight years.
Survivors include a son, Donald B. Shafer of Wickliffe, Ky.; a daughter, Cynthia Hickerson of Thebes; two sisters, Judy Simpson of Centralia, Ill. Mary Jo Jaco of Cottage Hills, Ill.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Don Henson officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.