- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Frances Louise Slinkard, 75, of Chaffee, died Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 27, 1931, at Dexter, Mo., daughter of William Sherman and Florene Evelyn Goodman Davenport. She and Norman Leo Curd were married Dec. 22, 1951. He preceded her in death. She and Billy Ray Slinkard were married Dec. 14, 1963. He died Feb. 26, 1980.
Slinkard was a member of First Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include four sons, Larry Curd of Creal Springs, Ill., Ricky Curd of Scott City, Keith Curd and John Slinkard, both of Chaffee; two daughters, Modonna Fledderman of Cape Girardeau, Charlotte Rister of Chaffee; three stepdaughters, Mary Hamilton of Lowndes, Mo., Dixie Sadler of Scott City, Ruth Slinkard of Chaffee; three sisters, Elizabeth Cummins, Carletta Streeter and Rhonda Emerson, all of Chaffee; a brother, Robert Horman of Tampa, Fla.; 11 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and 13 stepgrandchildren.
Visitation was held Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. Darren Larkin officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.