- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Helen M. Meyer, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 24, 2006, at her home.
She was born May 30, 1921, at Black Oak, Ark., daughter of Jean and Lilly May Nicholas Giroir. She and Thomas L. Meyer were married May 8, 1941, at Cape Girardeau.
Meyer was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral, a Girl and Boy Scouts leader and a member of the Friends of Saint Francis Medical Center.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Thomas M. Meyer and David L. Meyer, both of Cape Girardeau; five daughters, Mary Jean McIntyre of St. Louis, Deborah J. Joyce of Farmington, Mo., Madonna Boyd of Dunsmuir, Calif., Janice M. Meyer and Beth McFerron, both of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her brother and twin granddaughters.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, with a scripture service at 7 p.m. followed by a Knights of Columbus rosary.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Tom Kiefer will officiate, with burial in St. Mary's Cemetery.