- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Bobby J. Williams, 70, of Anna died Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2006, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Marion.
He was born June 29, 1936 in Cypress, Ill., son of G. Lowell and Verna V. Bear Williams. He and Lillah Karraker were married July 16, 1971, at Alto Pass, Ill..
Williams was a U.S. veteran of the Korean War, a member of the Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna, Anna Moose Lodge 1346, and Woodmen of the World Lodge 26 in Anna. He was retired from Choate Mental Health and Development Center and owned and operated Williams Repair Service in Anna for many years.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Twilla Mashell Williams of Anna; two sons, Kevin Wayne Williams of Thompsonville, Ill., Robert Lowell Williams of Anna; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a nephew.
Friends may call today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Roy Hill officiating.