- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)22
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)10
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
New location for Jackson ballpark
To the editor: I would like to reply to the comment regarding the location of the proposed baseball complex in Jackson. I agree with the concerned citizen 100 percent. For the past several months our committee has looked at other locations. With the help of many Jacksonians who are interested in the future of our youths, we have found another location. We are close to signing an agreement and are ready to move forward with this exciting project, which will produce a complex for all to be proud of.
Thank you for your comment and concern for the beautiful veterans memorial that I too believe is of great importance. Please contact me if you or anyone else would like an update on this project.
JACK M. LITZELFELNER SR., Jackson