- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
New location for Jackson ballpark
To the editor: I would like to reply to the comment regarding the location of the proposed baseball complex in Jackson. I agree with the concerned citizen 100 percent. For the past several months our committee has looked at other locations. With the help of many Jacksonians who are interested in the future of our youths, we have found another location. We are close to signing an agreement and are ready to move forward with this exciting project, which will produce a complex for all to be proud of.
Thank you for your comment and concern for the beautiful veterans memorial that I too believe is of great importance. Please contact me if you or anyone else would like an update on this project.
JACK M. LITZELFELNER SR., Jackson