- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Frances Louise Slinkard, 75, of Chaffee, died Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 27, 1931, at Dexter, Mo., daughter of William Sherman and Florene Evelyn Goodman Davenport. She and Norman Leo Curd were married Dec. 22, 1951. He preceded her in death. She and Billy Ray Slinkard were married Dec. 14, 1963. He died Feb. 26, 1980.
Slinkard was a member of First Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include four sons, Larry Curd of Creal Springs, Ill., Ricky Curd of Scott City, Keith and John Curd of Chaffee; two daughters, Modonna Fledderman of Cape Girardeau, Charlotte Rister of Chaffee; three stepdaughters, Mary Hamilton of Lowndes, Mo., Dixie Sadler of Scott City, Ruth Slinkard of Chaffee; three sisters, Elizabeth Cummins, Carletta Streeter and Rhonda Emerson, all of Chaffee; 11 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and 13 stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Darren Larkin officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.