- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary A. "Lolly" Parres, 79, of Perryville died Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2006, at her home.
She was born Aug. 7, 1927, in St. Louis, daughter of Roy Earl and Elizabeth Susan Upshaw Ritchey. She and T. Bernie Parres Sr. were married May 29, 1950. He died Nov. 28, 2004.
Parres was a customer service manager 10 years at Wal-Mart. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include a son, Thomas Parres Jr. of Jackson; a daughter, Mary Ann Parres of Chicago; two brothers, Martin Ritchey of Jefferson City, Mo., Thomas Ritchey of Ironton, Mo.; three sisters, Delores Riney of Jackson, Marion McClure of Perryville, Ruth Long of Kansas City, Mo.; five granddaughters; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, and 6:30 to 9:40 a.m. Saturday. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, and the rosary will be recited at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.