- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Police report 11/23/06
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Patricia A. Cox, 41, of 422 Bellevue St., Apt. D, was arrested on two Cape Girardeau municipal warrants for contempt of court for failure to pay fine and costs for motor vehicle financial responsibility reimbursements and immediate notice of accident and a Cape Girardeau County warrant for assault.
* Vanessa A. Rutherford, 21, of 528 Cape Meadows Circle, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court for failure to pay fine and costs for possession of drug paraphernalia.
* A rape was reported.
* A purse was reported stolen at 1205 S. Ellis St.
* A wallet was reported stolen at 120 N. Main St.
* A wallet was reported stolen at 222 N. Middle St.
* Bi-State Southern, 612 S. Sprigg St., reported a theft of gasoline.
* Huck's, 323 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of alcohol.
* A peace disturbance was reported.
* A 52-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
The following items were released by the Jackson Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Two assaults were reported in the 200 block of North West Lane.
* A theft was reported in the 3000 block of East Jackson Boulevard.
* Citizen assistance was requested in the 1800 block of Woodland Drive.
* Harassment was reported in the 2700 block of East Main Street.
Cape Girardeau County
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Kimberlee J. Heffington, 32, of Oak Ridge was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for a probation violation for driving while intoxicated.
* Roger M. Ziegler, 46, of Cape Girardeau was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for probation violation for driving while intoxicated and driving while revoked.
* Jeffrey C. Beasley, 20, of Tamms, Ill., was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for stalking.
* Eric D. McIntyre, 27, of Cape Girardeau, was arrested on suspicion of driving while revoked, failure to drive on the right half of the roadway and failure to stop at a stop sign.