After dinner, instead of sitting on the couch watching football or napping off the tryptophan in the turkey, why not try to burn off a few of those calories?
In keeping with the Thanksgiving holiday, fitness experts Amy Sutherlin at Southeast Missouri Hospital's HealthPoint Plaza and Darren Harris at Saint Francis Medical Center's Fitness Plus, provide the best exercises for your thighs, breasts, wings and neck.
Try out these exercises after the leftovers are put in the fridge:
* Wall sits (Slide down wall until your knees are at 90 degree angles, keeping abs contracted.)
* Plie squats (Feet wider than shoulder width, keeping knees in line with toes.)
* Squats (Feet at shoulder width, keeping knees behind toes.)
* Planks (Lie face down on the floor, elbows resting next to your chest. Push your body off the floor in a push-up position with body resting on elbows. Contract your abs and keep your body in a straight line from head to toes.)
* Bicep curls
* Decline push-ups (hands on an elevated surface)
* Supine chest fly (Lieon your back with knees bent. Start with your arms extended above your shoulders with your elbows slightly bent. Hold dumbbells and lower to about 90 degrees of shoulder abduction. Adduct the arms or bring them together above the shoulder joints.)
* Neck stretches
After trying out these exercises, you should burn off those holiday calories in no time.