- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Linda Marie Spence, 57, of Winfield, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, Nov. 10, 2006, at her home.
She was born July 25, 1949, in Fairbury, Ill., daughter of Viola Marie Kyburz.
Spence was a 1968 graduate of Chaffee High School in Chaffee, Mo. She received a bachelor's degree in 1992 and a master's degree in education in counseling in 1995 from the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
She had been a licensed social worker since 1993, and since 1998 was a clinical supervisor with Gateway Foundation at Vandalia Women's Prison. She also worked part time with community Services of Missouri.
Survivors include her mother, Viola Flint of Winfield; a brother, Gary Spence of Fenton, Mo.; and a sister, Kathie Spence of Winfield.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Dec. 2 at St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Old Monroe, Mo.
Alternative Funeral and Cremation Services in St. Peters, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.