- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau City Council action items 11/21/06
* Heard presentation by Betty Martin, director of the Cape Girardeau Public Library
(Second and third Readings)
* Approved the record plat of Elizabeth's First Subdivision.
* Annexed land to the city upon the request of Whispering Oaks of Cape Girardeau.
* Detached from the city certain land abutting the city of Jackson.
* Declared it necessary to extend city water services to White Oaks Subdivision.
* Established the boundaries of Trunk Sewer District No. 17-D.
* Declared it necessary to make sewer improvements in Sewer District No. 17-D to serve properties in White Oaks Subdivision.
* Accepted a grant of easement from Dalhousie for sanitary sewer improvements to serve The Members Building at Dalhousie.
* Granted a special use permit to VIP Vocational Services Inc., d/b/a Heartland Industries and Breckenridge Nine Limited Partnership for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a community unit plan in the 100 block of Hackberry Street.
* Granted a special-use permit to Southeast Missouri Hospital Association for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a sign at the southwest corner of West End Boulevard and Broadway.
* Amended Section 26-349 of the Code of Ordinances regarding driving while intoxicated.
* Approved the record plat of Laurel Grove Subdivision.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an escrow agreement with Trifecta Development and Wood and Huston Bank for Laurel Grove Subdivision.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for pavement maintenance of the fuel apron at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a grant agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for terminal building rehabilitation at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Fronabarger Concreters for the 2006 Concrete Overlay Program.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Drury Companies for roof rehabilitation at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Appointed Marcia Ritter and John Voss to the Cape Girardeau Area MAGNET Association board of directors.
* Appointed Debra Tracy to the Cape Girardeau Parks Development Foundation board of directors.
* Appointed Ruth Knote to the River Campus board of directors.
* Appointed Cordell Dombrowski to the Show Me Center board of directors.
* Appointed Trae Bertrand to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Granted conditional approval of a 5 percent beer by the drink liquor license for Salamy Twins, Inc., d/b/a/ Phoenicia, 1000 N. Sprigg St.
* Granted conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink license for BR & BR LLC, d/b/a Royal N'Orleans, 300 Broadway.