- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cardinals open spring training schedule Feb. 28 vs. Florida
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals, coming off their first World Series title in 24 years, open the 2007 spring training schedule in Jupiter, Fla., on Feb. 28 against the Florida Marlins.
The Cardinals will play 19 games at home, including an exhibition against Florida Atlantic University on Feb. 26 and six meetings against the Marlins, who are co-tenants at Roger Dean Stadium. St. Louis will mark its 10th season in Jupiter.
The schedule features two games against the Minnesota Twins, one in Fort Myers and one in Jupiter, the first spring games between the teams since 2002.
The Cardinals are have scheduled an exhibition against their Class AAA affiliate in Memphis, Tenn., on March 30.
St. Louis opens the regular season April 1 at home against the New York Mets in a rematch of the NL Championship Series.
Season and group tickets went on sale Thursday, plans for multiple games become available Dec. 4, and individual game tickets go on sale beginning Jan. 20.
The Cardinals have not determined mid-February reporting dates for pitchers and catchers.