- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)20
Mary Henson Hopkins, 99, of Hesston, Kans., died Friday, Nov. 17, 2006.
She was born March 15, 1907, at St. Marys, Mo. She and Ralph "Pete" Henson were married on Feb. 19, 1927. She and Elmer Hopkins were married Dec. 25, 1957, after Henson's death.
Hopkins graduated from Cape Central High School and Southeast Missouri State University with a B.S. in education. She taught school in Southeast Missouri for 30 years, was a member of the Missouri and Stoddard County Retired Teacher's Association and a member of the First Baptist Church in Bloomfield, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Bryon "Kent" Henson of Hesston, Kan.; a daughter, Donna Sue Cook of Houston; a stepdaughter, Barbara West of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; and a step great grandchild.
She was preceded in death by two husbands.
Friends may call at the Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday at the First Baptist Church in Bloomfield. Dr. Dave Bryan and Rev. Matt Johnson will officiate with burial to follow in Cape County Memorial Park.