- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Tigers improve to 5-0 under Anderson
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Matt Lawrence scored 22 points, including six 3-pointers, as Missouri blew an early 12-point lead and had to come from behind to beat Davidson 81-75 Sunday.
The Tigers have lost to Davidson (3-2) in the teams' two previous outings, and the win gave Missouri its first 5-0 start in four seasons.
The Tigers were led down the stretch by Matt Lawrence and Leo Lyons, who had eight rebounds and scored 10 of his 18 points in the second half. Lawrence hit three of his 3-pointers in the second half, the last one giving Missouri a four-point lead with three minutes remaining.
Stefhon Hannah added 20 points for the Tigers, 14 of them in the second half.
-- The Associated Press