- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
After 'real life,' ready to return
To the editor: I have lived in Cape Girardeau all of my life. This past May I graduated from Central High School. I am now a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas, and it is such a change. I never realized how sheltered I was living in Cape until I left and had to experience real life. Now I am struggling to pay rent, go to school and work at the same time. But I am not complaining. This is a great experience for me. But I can't wait to come home.
JARICA E. NABORS, Las Vegas, Nev.