- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
After 'real life,' ready to return
To the editor: I have lived in Cape Girardeau all of my life. This past May I graduated from Central High School. I am now a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas, and it is such a change. I never realized how sheltered I was living in Cape until I left and had to experience real life. Now I am struggling to pay rent, go to school and work at the same time. But I am not complaining. This is a great experience for me. But I can't wait to come home.
JARICA E. NABORS, Las Vegas, Nev.