- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
After 'real life,' ready to return
To the editor: I have lived in Cape Girardeau all of my life. This past May I graduated from Central High School. I am now a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas, and it is such a change. I never realized how sheltered I was living in Cape until I left and had to experience real life. Now I am struggling to pay rent, go to school and work at the same time. But I am not complaining. This is a great experience for me. But I can't wait to come home.
JARICA E. NABORS, Las Vegas, Nev.