- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)4
After 'real life,' ready to return
To the editor: I have lived in Cape Girardeau all of my life. This past May I graduated from Central High School. I am now a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas, and it is such a change. I never realized how sheltered I was living in Cape until I left and had to experience real life. Now I am struggling to pay rent, go to school and work at the same time. But I am not complaining. This is a great experience for me. But I can't wait to come home.
JARICA E. NABORS, Las Vegas, Nev.