- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
KELSO, Mo. -- Amy Leigh Murphy and Randy Vincent Essner exchanged vows Aug. 5, 2006, at St. Augustine Catholic Church. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Ressel of Kelso, and vocalists were Renee Reinagel of Kelso and Jim Simmons of Benton, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Michael and Renee Murphy of Puxico, Mo. The groom is the son of Norman and Dorothy Essner of Kelso.
Maid of honor was Sara Kelley of Bloomfield, Mo. Bridesmaids were Leeanna Essner of Kelso, sister of the groom; April Morris of Cape Girardeau; Malinda Nenninger of Ballwin, Mo., cousin of the bride; Chrystal McGowen of Puxico; and Nicki Rehak of Jackson.
Tony Essner of Kelso was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Chad Seiler of Commerce, Mo.; Mike Bles, Todd Friend, Dan Bles, all of Kelso and cousins of the groom, and Brian Hulshof of St. Louis, cousin of the groom. Ushers were Kevin Essner of Kelso, uncle of the groom; Brock Williams of Puxico, cousin of the bride; and Shane Stoelting of Malden, Mo.
Candlelighters were Brittany Essner of Kelso, cousin of the groom, and Meghan Nenninger of High Ridge, Mo., cousin of the bride.
Flower girls were Madeline Essner of Kelso, cousin of the groom, and Sarah Kraus of High Ridge, cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was John Essner of Kelso, cousin of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Wendy Allen of Biehle, Mo., Charity Worley of Cape Girardeau, and Cheyenne Allen of Murfreesboro, Tenn., cousin of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Servers were Shirley Eftink of Kelso, aunt of the groom; Kristie Slinkard, Lori Bles and Michele Hulshof, all of Kelso, Carrie Stone of Cape Girardeau and Gwen Eudy of Anna, Ill., all cousins of the groom.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 4 at their home.
Mrs. Essner is a 1997 graduate of Puxico High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University in 2002. She is a registered nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He is employed by Tom Beussink Excavating and is a self-employed farmer.
After a wedding trip to Maui and Oahu, Hawaii, the couple resides in Kelso.