- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Parent wary of governor's plans
To the editor: In response to the story "Officials: Parkview not closing": I understand that Gov. Matt Blunt is covering his assets, but I do not trust him after his proven history. My son goes to the Mapaville State School, and I want to keep him there. We have been trying our best to get the word out about this and about his choosing of the people on his commission. I feel there is a big conflict of interest when you choose someone to make recommendations who would supply the equipment to all of the public schools if the special schools did close. And the people on this list have nothing in common except they are all heavily contributors to his campaign.
LEE SEXTON, Festus, Mo.