- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Parent wary of governor's plans
To the editor: In response to the story "Officials: Parkview not closing": I understand that Gov. Matt Blunt is covering his assets, but I do not trust him after his proven history. My son goes to the Mapaville State School, and I want to keep him there. We have been trying our best to get the word out about this and about his choosing of the people on his commission. I feel there is a big conflict of interest when you choose someone to make recommendations who would supply the equipment to all of the public schools if the special schools did close. And the people on this list have nothing in common except they are all heavily contributors to his campaign.
LEE SEXTON, Festus, Mo.