- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Parent wary of governor's plans
To the editor: In response to the story "Officials: Parkview not closing": I understand that Gov. Matt Blunt is covering his assets, but I do not trust him after his proven history. My son goes to the Mapaville State School, and I want to keep him there. We have been trying our best to get the word out about this and about his choosing of the people on his commission. I feel there is a big conflict of interest when you choose someone to make recommendations who would supply the equipment to all of the public schools if the special schools did close. And the people on this list have nothing in common except they are all heavily contributors to his campaign.
LEE SEXTON, Festus, Mo.