- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
Parent wary of governor's plans
To the editor: In response to the story "Officials: Parkview not closing": I understand that Gov. Matt Blunt is covering his assets, but I do not trust him after his proven history. My son goes to the Mapaville State School, and I want to keep him there. We have been trying our best to get the word out about this and about his choosing of the people on his commission. I feel there is a big conflict of interest when you choose someone to make recommendations who would supply the equipment to all of the public schools if the special schools did close. And the people on this list have nothing in common except they are all heavily contributors to his campaign.
LEE SEXTON, Festus, Mo.