- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Parent wary of governor's plans
To the editor: In response to the story "Officials: Parkview not closing": I understand that Gov. Matt Blunt is covering his assets, but I do not trust him after his proven history. My son goes to the Mapaville State School, and I want to keep him there. We have been trying our best to get the word out about this and about his choosing of the people on his commission. I feel there is a big conflict of interest when you choose someone to make recommendations who would supply the equipment to all of the public schools if the special schools did close. And the people on this list have nothing in common except they are all heavily contributors to his campaign.
LEE SEXTON, Festus, Mo.