- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Evert A. Johnson, 77, of Carbondale, Ill., died Saturday, Nov. 11, 2006, at St. Joseph's Memorial Hospital in Murphysboro, Ill.
He was born March 2, 1929, in Sioux City, Iowa, son of Evert A. Johnson and Inez L. Morris Hockett. He and Aldona H. Naujalis were married on Feb. 21, 1969, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Johnson was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving from 1946 to 1949. He was the art director and curator of the Southern Illinois University Museum from 1966 to 1989.
Survivors include his wife, Aldona H. Johnson of Carbondale, and a stepsister, Beverly Naylor of Salt Lake City, Utah.
According to Johnson's wishes, his body will be cremated and a memorial service will be announced at a later date.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.