- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marie Bertha Schaefer -- mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother has now joined God and her husband, Theon "Mousie" Schaefer in Heaven.
Marie, 83, of Scott City, died in her home Sunday, Nov. 12, 2006, surrounded by her family.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Theon "Mousie" Schaefer and two sons, Theon Schaefer Jr. and Vincent Schaefer, both of Scott City.
Marie was lovingly survived by seven children, Dorene Hamm, Vernon Schaefer, Mary Fowler, Patricia Blankenship and Mike Schaefer, all of Scott City, Gilbert Schaefer of Holts Summit, Mo. and Sharon Knight of Neosho, Mo.
Marie was grandmother of 17 children, great-grandmother of 25 children and great-great-grandmother of two children.
Marie was the head and heart of a large and loving family. Her loving, kind and feisty spirit, along with her empty seat at the card table will be greatly missed.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Interment will follow in the Lightner Cemetery in Scott City.
The family requests donations in Marie's name to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.