- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Christine L. Simmons, 76, of Cairo, Ill., died Friday, Nov. 10, 2006, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
She was born June 25, 1930, in Little Rock, Ark., daughter of Robert and Edith Harris. She and Virgle B. Simmons were married Aug. 4, 1945, in Corinth, Miss. He died July 27, 1978.
Simmons was a member of the Mighty Rivers Regional Worship Center in Cairo.
Survivors include three sons, Bobby and Anthony Simmons of Charleston, Mo., Terry Simmons of Miller City, Ill.; a daughter, Karen King of Cairo; two brothers, Lonnie Harris of Lake Havasu City, Ariz., Doug Harris of Tamms, Ill.; two sisters, Peggy Slayton and Patricia Irwin of Clarksville, Tenn.; two half sisters, Connie Smith of Chaffee, Mo., Jeanetta Wilson of Tamms, Ill.; a half brother, Barry Harris; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. The Rev. Larry Frazer will officiate, with burial at Spencer Heights Cemetery in Mounds, Ill.