- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Storm dumps nearly an inch of rain in 30 minutes
A heavy rainstorm blitzed through Southeast Missouri Friday night. The severe weather dumped 0.62 inches of rain on Cape Girardeau Regional Airport in about 30 minutes.
Gusts of up to 37 miles per hour downed trees on Cape Rock Drive and Sherwood Drive, briefly halting traffic.
Sections of Independence, Good Hope and Christine streets, West End Boulevard and Plaza Way flooded.