- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Stoddard County is in the Bootheel
To the editor:
In the Nov. 9 editorial "Pride of place." the following question is presented: Is Bloomfield, Mo., in Missouri's Bootheel? Bloomfield is the county seat of Stoddard County, and Stoddard County is reflected in all maps of the Bootheel as a Bootheel county. So Bloomfield must be in the Bootheel.
M.I. HOBBS, Dexter, Mo.