- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Stoddard County is in the Bootheel
To the editor:
In the Nov. 9 editorial "Pride of place." the following question is presented: Is Bloomfield, Mo., in Missouri's Bootheel? Bloomfield is the county seat of Stoddard County, and Stoddard County is reflected in all maps of the Bootheel as a Bootheel county. So Bloomfield must be in the Bootheel.
M.I. HOBBS, Dexter, Mo.