- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)12
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Stoddard County is in the Bootheel
To the editor:
In the Nov. 9 editorial "Pride of place." the following question is presented: Is Bloomfield, Mo., in Missouri's Bootheel? Bloomfield is the county seat of Stoddard County, and Stoddard County is reflected in all maps of the Bootheel as a Bootheel county. So Bloomfield must be in the Bootheel.
M.I. HOBBS, Dexter, Mo.