- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)23
Stoddard County is in the Bootheel
To the editor:
In the Nov. 9 editorial "Pride of place." the following question is presented: Is Bloomfield, Mo., in Missouri's Bootheel? Bloomfield is the county seat of Stoddard County, and Stoddard County is reflected in all maps of the Bootheel as a Bootheel county. So Bloomfield must be in the Bootheel.
M.I. HOBBS, Dexter, Mo.