- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)20
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Stoddard County is in the Bootheel
To the editor:
In the Nov. 9 editorial "Pride of place." the following question is presented: Is Bloomfield, Mo., in Missouri's Bootheel? Bloomfield is the county seat of Stoddard County, and Stoddard County is reflected in all maps of the Bootheel as a Bootheel county. So Bloomfield must be in the Bootheel.
M.I. HOBBS, Dexter, Mo.